There is no question that the bedroom is the most personal space in one’s home. It is an intimate sanctuary where you will find the things that are near and dear to a person’s heart.
From books to stuffed animals, our bedrooms are where we put special items on display to represent what we are passionate about. The way we decorate our bedrooms also says a lot about our style and personality.
So, if you want to know more about a person’s real character, be it a new acquaintance or a person you’ve been seeing, take a closer look at his or her bedroom when you have the chance. (Just don’t do it in a creepy way, like prying under one’s memory foam mattress.)
If they use a colorful bed and striking bed frame
The bed is the star of the room. It reflects a person’s unique preference and what one looks for in comfort and support. To cheer up their bedroom, they may choose a pattern or color like cyan or turquoise that invokes happy memories. This type of person is creative and not afraid to make a bold statement.
If they use drapes, floral prints, and four-poster bed
A contemporary four-poster bed with drapes blends well with floral curtains, printed throws, and framed artwork. But if one is feeling edgy, he or she may use velvet pillows with satin sheets. This type of person is a romantic who wants to escape the hustle and bustle of daily life.
If they use antiques, like grandma’s lamp on the bedside table
The bedroom is usually overflowing with vintage mirrors and frames, as well as shabby chic lamps. These items are a must-have for antique enthusiasts, which are essential for giving the bedroom a classic feel and charm. This type of person would usually rummage around for dated knick knacks in their family’s old and forgotten trunks.
What color preferences in the bedroom reveal about someone’s personality?
1. Black – This color appeals to people who are bold, independent and like elegance. They are usually mysterious and seductive.
2. Blue – People who like this color have a need for peace and harmony. They want a place that is clean and organized. Blue lovers make good lifelong friends because they are loyal.
3. Grey – This color resonates well with individuals who like minimalist designs and are fond of the latest electronic devices. They are active and use their bedroom to recharge themselves after a long day.
4. Yellow – Persons who like this color are intellectual and a perfectionist. They are also charismatic and can easily make others feel at ease with them. They possess a mind for business and complex topics.
5. Green – If this is the color of their choice, they prefer a stress-free environment and embrace a calm and soothing bedroom. They are patient, easy to get along with, and detest drama.
6. Orange – Individuals who like orange are courageous and highly sociable. They love to travel, meet new people, and always look for adventure. Bedrooms with orange walls invoke warmth and enthusiasm.
7. Mocha – Lovers of this color are honest, confident, reliable, and down-to-earth. They know how to appreciate the simple things in life and prefer to take things at a slower pace.
It’s Your Turn
I want to hear from you. Have you seen a bedroom that accurately reflected someone’s character? What type of bedroom do they have? Let me know in the comments section below. And don’t forget to subscribe to our blog.
Latest posts by Jayson Guerrero (see all)
- Christmas Is Lonely When You Don’t Know How To Cope - December 22, 2015
- 25 Best Christmas Gift Ideas Your Parents Will Love (Infographic) - December 17, 2015
- How To Get Huge Savings When You Shop For The Holidays - December 15, 2015