Most of us would wake up early in the morning feeling all groggy and fuzzy. We drag ourselves out of bed and crave for a hot cup of Joe to get perked up. That’s okay. But drinking coffee day in and day out gets boring after a while.
Good thing there are many fruit juices you can choose from that can be a great alternative to coffee. We’ve listed nine delicious and healthy juices you can drink to start your day right.
- Papaya juice – This tasty fruit is a rich source of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Drinking papaya juice provides your body with much-needed nutritional benefits. Papaya is also effective in reducing cholesterol. In fact, 100 grams of papaya contains the following:
- 74 percent of vitamin C
- 41 percent of vitamin A
- 10 percent of vitamin B9
- 0.14 grams of fat
- 1.8 grams of fiber
- Cranberry juice – This fruit drink is rich in vitamin C and high in antioxidants. Studies from Boston University and Tufts University revealed that two servings of light cranberry juice is good for blood flow and artery dilation because of the natural flavonoids it contains. The study also suggests that cranberries have positive health benefits for blood pressure, cholesterol, and the prevention of blood clots, including risk factors for heart illnesses.
3. Pineapple juice – This naturally sweet fruit juice has anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties thanks to bromelain. Studies show that bromelain is an effective cancer-fighting agent and useful in the treatment of injuries. The vitamin C found in pineapple can protect you from heart disease and cancer due to its rich fiber content.
4. Grape juice – A study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry in 2007 revealed that it ranks highest in antioxidants among the other 13 juices that were evaluated. Moreover, grape juice is an excellent source of fiber and researchers suggest that it can help reduce blood pressure and is good for the heart.
5. Black cherry juice – A 2003 study in the Journal of Nutrition found that cherries are helpful in reducing inflammation in the body. It can also lower the risk of developing other chronic diseases that can affect the heart, brain, and other organs, per DrSears.com. Also, black cherries serve as a sleep aid because of the serotonin it contains.
6. Orange juice – If you’re the type who likes to stick with the classics, nothing beats a good old glass of orange juice in the morning. OJ is fortified with tons of goodness like calcium and vitamin C. You can’t go wrong with orange juice as you start your day.
7. Blueberry juice – Found in many farms in the eastern part of the U.S., blueberry juice is a tasty drink with wonderful benefits. Drinking blueberry juice can improve your cognition, urinary and digestive system, as well as reduce the risk of heart problems. In fact, blueberries are an excellent source of tannin, a biochemical that lessens problems like ulcers, constipation, and diarrhea.
8. Apple juice – This is another classic fruit drink you should include in your daily diet. Drinking apple juice can give you numerous health benefits because it is good for the heart, helps in preventing asthma attacks, cleans the liver, makes your bones strong, reduces cholesterol, boosts the immune system, promotes eye health, and many others.
9. Pomegranate juice – This juice drink bagged the top spot in all categories as it contains almost every type of antioxidant. Deemed as the healthiest of them all, pomegranate juice is effective in protecting you against health conditions like prostate cancer. It is also good for the heart because it helps in reducing the risk factors that causes heart diseases.
Remember, aside from coffee, there are many healthy juices you can choose to drink every morning. These fruit drinks are high in antioxidants, fiber, and other nutrients that can give you numerous health benefits. So start your day right with these delightful fruit juices.
Latest posts by Jayson Guerrero (see all)
- Christmas Is Lonely When You Don’t Know How To Cope - December 22, 2015
- 25 Best Christmas Gift Ideas Your Parents Will Love (Infographic) - December 17, 2015
- How To Get Huge Savings When You Shop For The Holidays - December 15, 2015