The bedroom is where you spend a third of your life. So while you think about that, isn’t it about time you considered sprucing up your bedroom? After all, studies show that a well-designed bedroom contributes to better sleep. Now, you don’t need to break the bank just to make your bedroom look lovely and conducive for healthy sleeping.
So, if you’re already excited to make your bedroom the stuff dreams are made of, well, we’ve got five simple and efficient ways to help you with your makeover:
1. Add some fresh colors. You’ll be amazed at how a fresh coat of paint can breathe new life to your bedroom. Consider using colors that have a calm and soothing effect. Various shades of colors can evoke different emotions depending on the person. So, choose what works for you. A matte finish is better than a glossy one because it helps to keep the colors from distracting you as much.
2. Reconsider your lighting. The lights you use in your bedroom can either make or break your sleeping habits. Bright lights have a tendency to keep you awake and stimulate your body’s internal clock. So, instead of using overhead lighting that shines directly into your eyes, try ambient lighting or install a dimmer switch to control the brightness. You can also change the mood of your bedroom by getting creative and incorporating floor or table lamps.
3. Curtains are your friends. When it’s time for you to sleep, it’s best if you can block out as much light as you can to make sure you won’t get disturbed. There might be a light source outside your window that is stealthily making its way into your room. Thick and heavy curtains should do the trick. Remember that melatonin, a sleep hormone, is less likely to increase if you are exposed to excessively bright lighting.
4. Strategically place your mirror. Got a small bedroom? No problem. A well-placed mirror can add some much-needed depth and provide an illusion of additional space in your room. A mirror in your bedroom is also quite useful for when you get ready and dressed up for work or school.
5. Get your sheets together, girl. The right kind of sheet can help in promoting a healthy sleeping environment. However, it may still depend on your personal preference. Sateen or cotton sheets are ideal because they have smoother textures. On the other hand, polyester blends are more likely to trap heat.
One more thing… We all know that there are many factors that can disrupt our sleep. The usual culprits can be attributed to the day-to-day stress we get from work or even a snoring sleeping partner. However, the little things that we do to improve our bedroom will not only help us remove the impediments that rob us of precious sleep, but also create a better, healthier sleep environment. Every bit of effort we do makes a world of difference. So keep that in mind.
If you’re considering to buy a new mattress, check out The Practical Guide To Shop For Bargain Priced Mattresses.
Latest posts by Jayson Guerrero (see all)
- Christmas Is Lonely When You Don’t Know How To Cope - December 22, 2015
- 25 Best Christmas Gift Ideas Your Parents Will Love (Infographic) - December 17, 2015
- How To Get Huge Savings When You Shop For The Holidays - December 15, 2015